Saturday, May 29, 2010

Whip It

Finally got around to watching Whip It last night. It's been on my to-watch list for too long. I love Ellen Page. And Drew Barrymore... I may be warming up to. Mostly because she had the guts to wear the dress below (McQueen, yes?). Her hair though - I like what the fug girls had to say: "She may think the hair is hilarious but she still has to be the one wearing it." (While Ellen Page wore the most boring funeral/weddingesque LBD ever. Strange.) In any case, I hope she directs more movies like this.


(pic from the socialite life)

Most of all I liked how the movie ended. (need I say spoilers? or is that obvious?) The team doesn't win. She doesn't get rocketed to fame and fortune. She slaps her cheating (?) uncalling boyfriend even though he's cute as hell and who knows if they fix things. And the last scene, she is sitting on a giant pig, looking philosophically off into the future. Dude.

No comments: