Saturday, May 15, 2010

garage sales

The only thing better than thrifting is going to garage sales.
It's kind of a family tradition at my house, My mom is the Queen of Lowballing and I hunt down the Good Stuff. I find, she bargains, we leave victorious.
It can take a lot of patience, and you lose your Saturday mornings, but if you keep at it enough it's amazing what kind of things can pop up. Particularly in the vintage/antique department. Even people who know they are selling antiques are often willing to let them go for reasonable prices.
Today I was lucky enough to find something I actually needed - a metal watering can.
The Christmas ornaments and the tin were just bonus - things I know are worth a few bucks but that I will actually put to practical use.




2 comments:

Shini said...

I love garage sales too! Love the idea that someone else's trash can be another's treasure ;) loving those vintage looking christmas ornaments! Not looking forward to more winter though hehe ;)

Anonymous said...

you have a great blog, keep it up!
thanks for sharing, love it

-cma
COSMICaroline.blogspot.com