Monday, February 22, 2010

I kind of felt like commenting on some fashion week stuff, but I it's hard to do when you are staring up from the bottom of a landslide of enthusiastic praise. Praise that is keen and sharp-edged and gets right to the point. Something that I have a hard time doing. So rather than throw my token heap of stuff on the Rodarte pile, I will toss at you some random images of Tao Okamoto.
I was looking through some collections that I had nothing to say about (my critical inner commentary: hmm... this coat is nice and square and I bet it's warm... ooh, boots with sheepskin. cozy.) when it occurred to me that I really liked whatever Tao was wearing. I have a thing for structure, and she pulls it off really well. Maybe it's her hair? It brings back days of skipping around in fuchsia jumpsuits, but... it's lovely. And so is she.



In Jaeger London.


Pucci Spring 2010


United Bamboo Spring 2010


Yigal Azrouel Fall 2009


And best of all, here she is killing it for Burberry, making pastel look punk.

No comments: