Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Boudica

I know this isn't exactly current (a month late), but I was browsing and found the Rodarte Spring 2010 collection. 

Rodarte 1
Rodarte 3
Rodarte 4
Rodarte 2

...!... I was impressed. Once again, kind of like McQueen, and not anything directly useful for the street. But all of those plaids and tribal tattoos are very Boudica-esque. I instantly imagined this remake of Braveheart, but with Boudica running around killing things instead of whatever-his-name-Mel-Gibson's-character. And of course everyone would be dressed in these amazing trailing and woven outfits. It would be badass. 
And then we discovered that in 2010 there will be a new film about Boudica, and guess who is producer? 
But I'm kind of sad that I wasn't the only one wanting to revive this idea, because I'm pretty sure the costumes won't be this awesome. But one can hope? All images courtesy of Style.com

Rodarte 5


(images from www.style.com)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so grunge ..but it works!